Monday, December 28, 2009

12. PROCESS ESSAY-REALITY TV

(I know, I'm a bit late to enter this post about process essay.) When I had the comments from Sonja about my first draft, I was a bit shocked. While I was handing that in, I was thinking that it it was a nice essay that I wouldn't spend much time and retouch it after I'll have Sonja's advice. It was a real disappointment for me. Because, she mostly told me that my statements were subjective and I had no sufficent proofs or examples for most of them. Also, I somehow forgot to put a quote from Peter's article. When I read my essay with that suggestion and by a "teacher's"perspective, I noticed that she was right and I thanked God, that I had a chance to re-write it. I think it's better now, with more examples,quotations and references to the text that we read. Now it's Sonja's turn!

1 comment:

  1. hahaa, you fell into the classic Freshman trap of thinking the first draft is the best draft. You only improve your writing through rewriting and rewriting and rewriting. In other words, a first draft may already be a fifth draft...

    It's really good to develop as critical an eye as possible for your own work.

    ReplyDelete