Tuesday, January 5, 2010

15. TRUMAN SHOW



I think I was 11 or 12 years old when I watched Truman Show first. Since I was not old enough, I didn't really understand the film and I had really got bored. But in high school for our english lesson, I had to watch it again. I didn't expect from that film to effect me really deeply when I watched it for the second time. It is one one of the best movies that I have ever seen. After that, I watched it like 3 or 4 times and for everytime that I watched, I was still overlooking some points. Although it is about a simple case, it gives many messages to the one who watches it. Now I wonder how come the idea of writing that scenario didn't come to my mind! Everytime I watch, I think that I should have written that scenario(I don't know why). By the way I forgot to ask in class to the group who presented it. At the end of the film when Truman realizes the situation and talks with the director, why does the director insist him not to go and stay there? The program would not be as interesting and real as it has been before. Also, I wonder if there is anyone that doesn't get suspicous about the life after he/she watches it. Don't you?

2 comments:

  1. By the way, "scenario" is not the correct word: it should be "screenplay".

    Suspicious about life in what way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. for instance, someone might think that his/her friends or relatives are not real and they are acting and he/she is in maybe a fake world.

    ReplyDelete